sweets for every tooth.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Snacking au natural

BOWL O' FIGS.
After we attacked it of course.
It's pretty easy to snack the unprocessed way when you walk in the office to find a bowl of fresh figs awaiting you.  Other unprocessed snacks I love (aside from the obvious choice of fresh fruits, veg, nuts) include:


Three ingredients in a store-bought bar?  Shut up.  My fave is the Cherry Pie, Peanut Butter Cookie is really good too.  Apple Pie I could do without.  (Are you seeing the pattern?  I'm trying to find dessert in my healthy snacks.)


Hummus.  Read the ingredients, make sure it's all stuff you could plausibly have in your kitchen, then dip any vegetable in it and devour.  I tried making my own once, sans recipe.  It didn't work so well.  I'll try with a recipe next time.  I also LOVE to use hummus as a spread on sandwiches in place of mayo and such.  Find an all-natural bread and have at it!


Did you know you can make your own microwave popcorn and avoid the crap they sell?



Print Page

No comments: