sweets for every tooth.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Brownie Points


Suuuuuuuuuuper easy brownie time. Inspired by Amy Adams' One Bowl Brownies at Sweet Designs, I just made it a bit more chocolately. Because I felt like it. So there.

As her brownies are so appropriately titled, you only have to use one bowl for this! What else will you need? A spoon. A measuring cup. A measuring teaspoon. Yep, that's it. So even if your life philosophy is baking = cleaning, you have no excuses here! One Bowl, Four Steps, Here's what you'll need:



4 oz Unsweetened Chocolate (4 Baker's Chocolate Squares)
3/4 Cups Unsalted Butter (stick and a half)
2 Cups Sugar
3 Eggs
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract (or a little more, never hurts)
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (you can swap this out for nuts, or do both!)

1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.

2. Break unsweetened chocolate into smaller chunks. Place in large microwave-safe bowl with butter. Microwave on high until butter is melted, about one minute.



3. Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar, then eggs, then vanilla, then flour, then chocolate chips.

4. Spread into greased 13 x 9 inch pan and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Don't overbake! Moist brownies = happiness

You may as well lick the bowl clean while waiting.


Now I'm gonna go make the cast of my current show Cupidity verrrrrry happy with these guys on opening night tonight.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Yum! I lovvve brownies. Something tells me I'll be making these soon...my office has been waiting for me to make some baked goods for quite some time!
xoxo see you in a month!