sweets for every tooth.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


I'm not saying I'm a hoarder, I'm just saying I have a lot of closet space.

And I'm not saying I'm poor, I'm just saying that sometimes cash is tight when you are attending a destination wedding in 3 days, have a bunch of Christmas gifts to buy, and pay rent in Los Angeles.

Put two and two together, and you get one big, fancy (ok, semi-fancy), yard sale!

Look at everything beautifully displayed off the ground!
It's all about presentation, people.

Let me tell you, if you want to meet some interesting people, throw a yard sale.  I met a hilarious ex-Navy Petty Officer, his wife who was born in a Japanese Concentration Camp, a girl who lost most of her clothes when her car was stolen, a nanny with the cutest, most energetic German Shepard puppy (he wanted in on the baked goods), a man who pulled out a wad of Franklins and asked if I had any gold or silver, and the list goes on.

And who am I to have people over at my place without baking for them?  Yes, this post has a baking element.  I wasn't lying when I titled it Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.  I also made brown sugar cookies for the bargain-seekers enjoyment, look for that post to follow.

Here's what you'll need:


The normal muffins
4 Eggs
2 Cups Sugar
15 oz Pumpkin Puree
1 1/3 Cups Canola Oil
3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt
2 Cups Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips

1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.  Line or grease muffin tins (makes about 24 normal sized muffins, or 45 mini muffins.

2. Beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth.  Combine flour, baking soda, powder, cinnamon and salt in a separate bowl and stir together.  Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins, filling about 3/4 full.

3. Bake muffins at 400, 10 minutes for mini muffins, 15-18 minutes for normal sized muffins.  Test doneness by inserting a toothpick and seeing if it comes out clean.  When done, cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.

The baby muffins











Print Page

No comments: