sweets for every tooth.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

La Grande Orange

A. I have to start bringing a camera when I eat out.  Photo below (googled it) doesn't do this cookie justice.

B. Had brunch at La Grande Orange in Santa Monica this morning.  Food was delicious, though the portions on some dishes were a bit small.  I think they make their omelettes with a total of 2 eggs and a tablespoon of cheese.  And most things, like said small omelette, don't even come with sides.  My Croque Madame was plenty filling, however, but of course I had to check out the bakery items (Note: not listed on their menu...only reason I knew they existed is because I walked past the pastry case on my way to the restroom.  It was fate.)  Just a few cookies, muffins, a coffee cake, but what caught my eye was the apple oatmeal cookie.  Take a look.  Let your mouth water.  And look forward to me altering my oatmeal cookie recipe to include slices, yes, slices of apples.  Fantastic.

No comments: